Solving global governance
We are Konung International. We work with people on the ground to deliver effective and sustainable governance solutions in some of the most challenging environments around the world.
How we do it
Public Sector Governance reform
Public Financial Management
Our global reach
- 'For me, it was everything': the trailblazing school for trans people | Natalie AlcobaAt 15, bigotry drove Viviana Gonzalez from school. Decades on, a dedicated school in Buenos Aires is putting wrong to rightViviana Gonzalez vividly remembers her first day of high school.She…
- Portable kit to treat babies with jaundice goes on trial in PeruJaundice affects 60% of babies. Left untreated it can be life-threatening. But treatment has always been difficult to access in rural Peru Health workers in a remote province high in…
- Egypt referendum: No one believes this vote will be fair but we won't be silencedPresident Sisi is playing cat and mouse with us, shutting down our websites and blocking our social media but we won’t give inAs the world watches the peaceful revolution that…
- Fear and despair engulf refugees in Libya's 'market of human beings'Long the target of reported abuses, refugees in Libya now claim they are being recruited by militias – a potential war crimeOn the roofs of the highest buildings in Tajoura,…
- Rape and abuse: the price of a job in Spain’s strawberry industry?Ten Moroccan women say Spanish authorities have ignored claims they were trafficked, assaulted and exploitedLast April, Samira Ahmad* kissed her baby goodbye and boarded a bus, leaving her home in…
- Cloth, cow dung, cups: how the world's women manage their periodsFor women living without access to basic sanitation, menstruation can be especially challenging. Their resourcefulness knows no boundsAll photographs courtesy of WaterAidFrom animal skins and old rags to cow patties…
"Gender equality is [...] a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, and building good governance."
"Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation."
"[...] compassion binds us - not in pity or patronisingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future."