Solving global governance
We are Konung International. We work with people on the ground to deliver effective and sustainable governance solutions in some of the most challenging environments around the world.
How we do it
Public Sector Governance reform
Public Financial Management
Our global reach
- India's strongman PM: Modi to appear on Bear Grylls' Man vs WildNarendra Modi claims the programme will showcase India’s ‘beautiful mountains and mighty rivers’, in the latest in a string of choreographed media appearancesIndia’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, will appear with…
- 'People are dying': how the climate crisis has sparked an exodus to the USAs part of the Running Dry series, the Guardian looks at how drought and famine are forcing Guatemalan families to choose between starvation and migrationAt sunrise, the misty fields around…
- Power play: reclaiming the story of Canada's missing and murderedTara Beagan’s drama about a Blackfoot woman seeking to avenge her sister’s murder confronts the violence suffered by Indigenous women from the standpoint of those affected“You think we’re not at…
- We should all be shamed by the shocking death of a sick woman in UAE custodyAlia Abdulnoor’s case reveals the grim reality of human rights during the ‘year of tolerance’ in the United Arab EmiratesWhen I learned of Alia Abdulnoor’s death and the conditions of…
- Moves to improve press freedom in Malaysia met with cautious optimismProposal to replace restrictive legislation with independent media council could end closures of outlets but campaigners remain waryThe Malaysian government is considering repealing a restrictive media law and creating an…
- Enslaved on a British cannabis farm: ‘The plants were more valuable than my life’Minh was 16 when he was kidnapped, raped and trafficked to the UK, and then locked up and forced to grow cannabis. But when the police found him, he was…
"Gender equality is [...] a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, and building good governance."
"Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation."
"[...] compassion binds us - not in pity or patronisingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future."